Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What Sunday Taught Me................

I learned a lot from our worship on Sunday and I am not sure if its encouraging or discouraging, so you tell me.

#1 I learned that we need order, but we need freedom.
During the second service it was almost as if the first three songs were enough.
Hallelujah, You Said, and You are my All in All moved me to the point of worship where Jesus thank you was Great, it was more than was needed.

#2 I learned that instruments are Extremely Important to the structure of the song, but that they too provide a form of bondage.
What I mean is that even though Crystal did an awesome job as did Ann, you guys sang the song and let the instruments accompany you. It was perfect because you knew what to sing, when to come in, and when to stop.
The instruments become a form of bondage when you follow them instead of working with them. This Sunday you worked with them. AWESOME!

#3 I learned that when People don't worry about People, People Notice.
Everyone worships God in their own way. Not everyone worships the Same. Some stand straight, some move, some close their eyes, some smile, some are more somber.
Watching you all this weekend it seemed as if while working the song together, you were worshipping God as individuals.
And people are noticing. One of our younger girls commented on how they love to see the freedom on the platform and its teaching her how to worship.

#4 I learned that even I have issues.
I worry too much about people and not enough about God.
While I love the songs, the styles of worship, and the freedoms, I still worry about how people perceive us when I should be concerned with how God perceives us.
Pray for Me

#5 I learned that I miss Anthony.
I miss His Energy, I miss His Ideas, I miss His Enthusiasm.
Its Great Having Him Back.

Couple other things:
No Practice Tonight for Singers as Sundays Songs are easy and we will practice Thursday night after service.

How many of you think that we might want to shorten up the Walk out Song by one chorus at the end? Go into Accapella one Chorus earlier?
Just a thought as it seems as if that last Chorus with Guitar is too much and takes us from worship? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a great idea!
    Definitely a verse too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that will be good, especially since we will be singing it once through, after the congregation is dismissed. If some people want to continue singing it with us they can...I did notice some doing that Thurs and Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete